Jaisalmer is a town of Rajasthan. The town is also known as “the Golden City of India”. Here for every architecture yellow sand and yellow sandstone is used. This adds to the beauty of the city. The city is well known for its fort and beautiful Havelis, fine merchant-built houses and pavilions in the mediaeval lanes. The Desert National Park surrounding the city also offers opportunities to observe blackbucks, desert foxes and chinkaras, rugged crags or steep rugged mass of rock projecting upward or outward and waterholes. The best time to visit Jaisalmer is from October to March.
The main places to visit in Jaisalmer are:
- Jaisalmer Fort: This is one of the largest forts in the World built by Raja Jaisal in 1156 AD. The Fort is also known as the Golden Fort of Rajasthan. This beautiful fort is built in golden and yellow mixed sandstone.
- Bada Bagh: This huge beautiful garden was built during the 16th century and offers amazing views. This place served as a memorial where the nobles and their families were cremated.
- Patwon-Ki-Haveli: This is a great five-storied construction having five beautifully decorated huge suites. This is an excellent representation of the art prevailed here in Jaisalmer during ancient period. The nobility and the architecture of the monument add immense value to Jaisalmer’s culture.
- Sam Sand Dunes: An excellent place to watch the sunset of the desert and an ideal place for Desert Safari.
- The Thar Heritage Museum: From this museum, you can very well understand the history, culture, art and architecture of the Thar Desert. The museum has also collections of ancient manuscripts, weapons, documents and coins of Jaisalmer.
- Gadisar Lake: The Lake is at a kilometer away from the fort. There are temples, holy shrines and Chattris around the lake banks. Travelers can have boating here.
- Desert Nation Park: This is one of the largest parks in India. You can have Jeep Safari here and enjoy the magnificient landscape.
- Silk Route Art Gallery: The art gallery has a great collection of clothes, patchworks, bags, shawls, belts, antiques and accessories. You can have the best shopping experience of Jaisalmer here.
There are many holiday rental properties available in Jaisalmer providing all required amenities as well as safe stay for the travelers. We have listed budget holiday rental properties in Jaisalmer in our website holidayrentals.co.in. Our advanced search option helps you easily find the right holiday accommodations that fit your budget and convenience; travelers can always make direct contact with the property owner from our website before finalizing their reservations.