Pune, the cultural capital of Maharashtra is also known by the names, the Queen of the Deccan & the Oxford of the East. The city is the centre of traditional Marathi culture. The place has a rich historical past. The beautiful lakes and the green hills add to the beauty of the city.
The main tourist attractions in Pune:
- Lonavala: Lonavala is a beautiful hill station located about 64 kms from Pune city. There are many sightseeing places in Lonavala. About 1.6 kms from the town is the Lonavala Lake.
- Aga Khan Palace: The palace has a great place in Indian independence. This was built by Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III. One of the main landmarks in Indian history.
- Mulshi Lake and Dam: This is an amazing scenic spot to visit in Pune. The surrounding beautiful green mountains add to the beauty of the place. There is a dam constructed on the Mula river.
- Raigad Fort: This is a hill fort situated in the Raigad district. This was once the capital of the Maratha King Shivaji and later destroyed by the British. This is a good trekking spot and the best place for adventure lovers.
- Pataleshwar caves: This is a rock cut cave temple dedicated to God Shiva. The excellent feature here is the caves that are under ground level.
- Western Ghat: The best time to visit here is during monsoon. One of the best places in Pune for adventure seekers. Tourists can go for trekking here.
- Bhuleshwar Temple: This historical temple is dedicated to God Shiva. The temple is situated on the top of a hill. There are beautiful stone carvings in this temple. This was built during the 13th century. The temple is also famous for the miracles happened to the devotees.
- Panshet Dam: This beautiful place is one of the best picnic spots in Pune. The dam is also known by the name Tanajisagar Dam.
- Lakshmi Road: This busiest road is the best place for shopping in Pune.
The above listed are a few of the must visit places in Pune. There are many more places in Pune wothvisiting. The best time to visit Pune is from September to March. The nearest railway station is Pune Railway Station and the nearest airport is Pune International Airport at Lohegaon (Viman Nagar).
There are many budget holiday rental properties in and around Pune such as homestays, guesthouses, bed & breakfasts, resorts etc. with all the required amenities ensuring a comfortable stay for the travelers. .
We have listed safe as well as comfortable holiday rental properties in Pune in our site holidayrentals.co.in. Our advanced search option helps you easily find the right holiday accommodations that fit your budget and convenience; travelers can always make direct contact with the property owner from our website before finalizing their reservations. We have also introduced the backpacker traveler friendly dormitories for Group, budget & cheap holiday stays.