Log Hut Area
Log Huts Area
National Highway 21
Manali is a hill station situated on the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. It is located on the banks of the Beas River. The hill station is near the northern end of Kullu valley. Due to its close proximity with Kullu they are often considered as a single destination ie; Kullu Manali. The valley is famous for its amazing hills, temples and picturesque locations.
The main tourist attractions of Manali include:
1. Rohtang Pass: This mountain pass is situated at an altitude of 3,978 meters above sea level. The place is famous for its picturesque views of the valley and various hidden waterfalls. The Pass is famous for its picturesque views of the valley and various hidden waterfalls.
2. Hidimba Temple: The temple is situated at the top of a hill. There are thick deodar forests surrounding the temple. The temple is dedicated to Hidimba, the wife of the Pandava Bhima. The temple has a unique architectural style. There is also a temple dedicated to Ghatotkacha, the son of Bhima nearby.
3. Vashistha Hot Water Springs: This hot water spring is in Vashisht village which is situated about 4-5 kilometers from Manali. The speciality of the place is the sulphurous Hot Water Springs. There are also stone temples dedicated to a saint Vashishta.
4. Solang Valley: The valley is also known as the ‘Snow Point’. The place is famous for various winter adventure sports such as skiing, parachuting and paragliding. This is also a famous trekking spot. From here you can get magnificent views of snow capped peaks and glaciers.
5. Basheshwar Mahadev Temple: The temple is located at a distance of 15 kms from Kullu at a small village called Bajura. The Temple is dedicated to the Hindu deity lord Shiva. There are numerous stone carvings and various small idols of the Hindu deities like Lord Vishnu, Ganesha, Durga and Laxmi in the temple.
6. Nehru Kund: This is a natural cold water spring originated from the Brighu River. Nehru Kund is located about 5 Kms from Manali.
7. Sultanpur Palace: The palace was once the residence of rulers of the Kullu valley. The palace houses various wall paintings. Here you can see a marvelous blend of Pahari style architecture and colonial style.
8. Bijli Mahadev Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple got this name Bijli Mahadev temple as there is a 60 feet high lighting rod that is situated in the temple and is struck by lightning throughout the year.
9. Beas River: The Beas River is known for its various camping spots and water sports. The river is perfect for Rafting.
10. Ma Sharvari Temple: The temple is dedicated to Ma Sharvari Devi. Ma Sharvari Devi is one of the ancestral deities of the Kullu Kings. The best time to visit the temple is during Dussehra.
The best time to visit Manali is from September to June. The nearest airport to Manali is Bhuntar Airport and the nearest railway station is Manali is Una.
As this is one of the famous destinations in India, there are many holiday rental properties available for travelers. We have listed some of the holiday rental properties in Manali in our website holidayrentals.co.in. Our advanced search option helps you easily find the right holiday accommodations that fit your budget and convenience; travelers can always make direct contact with the property owner from our website before finalizing their reservations. We have also introduced the backpacker traveler friendly dormitories for Group, budget & cheap holiday stays.